WHAT TO DO IN WINTER ON A RAINY DAY
With wind forecast and more wet weather predicted to continue well into the near future what can we do if it is too wet to go outside!?
- Reflect on what you did during the summer. What you did well or badly, and how you can improve. Keep copious notes during the year.
- Wash pots ready for when those plug plants arrive and you suddenly have to find 40 four inch clean pots!
- Check your seed packets, see if they are still viable and put into a box in date of sowing order.
- Browse your catalogues and order your seeds and plug plants.
- Tidy the shed / greenhouse.
- Stock up on potting compost.
- Clean garden tools. Wipe down with an oily rag.
- Check lawn mower blades. Buy new or have them sharpened.
- Get petrol engines serviced
Don’t forget to join me every Sunday 10am to 12 noon on Phoenix 98FM or www.phoenixfm.com